Tuesday, September 3, 2013

My first Project we are giving a word and making a collage inspired by a word with a partner. Both me and my partner Elena chose the word "Introspective." "Introspective is examination of one's own conscious thoughts and feelings. In psychology the process of introspection relies exclusively on observation of one's mental state, while in a spiritual context it may refer to the examination of one's soul. Introspection is closely related to human self-reflection and is contrasted with external observation." As I looked at the definition, I looked for things that expressed in a way, a two sides of a person's brain. Then I found this pic:

This picture shows how one part of the brain is collective, smart, and in a way, dull. While looking at the other side, you see this colorful, wild, and free side of the brain. I knew this would be the focus of my piece. So my partner and I looked around for pictures that would work for both of our pieces. Sure enough, we found picture that  fit both with the word, and also the theme for our pieces.
My two questions would be:
1. What is your mind set like?
2. Based on what your personality is like, what would be your opposite be?


No comments:

Post a Comment