Thursday, April 28, 2016

Art Exhibit Review #1

Eric T Franklin
Art 381
4/28/16
Art Exhibit Review #1


Emerald Rose Whipple: Na Aumakua Anuenue
            The art exhibit I visited was called “Na Aumakua Anuenue” by Emerald Rose Whipple.  The exhibit was small with only a few canvas styled painting drawing. According to the artist statement most of the paintings are done on a canvas with oil paint. Most of the artworks were around the concept of Aumakua (family god) and Anuenue (Hawaiian for rainbow). Most of the paintings I saw in the gallery were well done for what she was going for was a nice touch and the two dedicated to Whipple’s mother were the highlight of the gallery. You could easily tell this artist put a lot of effort into those two paintings. The brush strokes and themes I believe she was going for were achieved and shown. The oil paintings I felt were great and really shine in the gallery and they colors were an excellent choice.
Overall I felt the show was good and would recommend it.  

I recorded a video to explain my thoughts a bit more.


No comments:

Post a Comment