Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Art show 345 review

Eric Franklin
Art Show(s):
Bringing the Gold
Digital Media 345
Clint Sleeper


Bringing the Gold

            An artist show that I went to go see is Bringing the Gold that was exhibited at the Sheperad's Art Gallery at UNR.  Looking through the art show was a throwback to not only to my childhood, but some of the shows I remember watching. I loved the pieces where the sculptures casted the shadows, but the shadows were not cast by the light of the room, but a giant black paper with the outline of the object. It remind of old western shows or movies I saw during my childhood like American Tail going West or Gunsmoke. What was an odd piece was the pink sheep statue. I found that odd and out of place and it reminded me of pink sheep in the video game Minecraft cause you would see one in the game, but not reality. It made me cog me head a bit to go, "That seems out of place". The giant cow/bull head on the wall was quite over whelming because of not only the size, but how it was just there. Trying to interpret was to me calling back to my childhood. Is it a trophy type to call out the types of animal trophy heads and how they are so over exaggerated or a mockery of said animal trophies? The other pieces in the art show were fitting to what the artist was going for. Final thoughts on the show was it was a nice show and call back to my western days, but the pink sheep was so off for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment