Sunday, December 21, 2014

Dada Talk

Dada Talk & Show Review

            So the artist talk for the Dada show was a bit interesting and a bit off. I heard the talks from the artists who did the rug picture, the donkey head, and I do believe the Twinkie piece. While Dada does mean nothing but mean something at the same time, I felt the artists were trying to make sense of their piece. The Donkey Head artist talked about how she wore the head at certain times  to represent the odd sense of out of place or when she wears it at places that were demising. As I listen to her talking I felt like I can almost understand what she was talking about, but something told me that it probably meant nothing.  The artists that talked about their picture rug was kind of interesting. When I looked at it it looked like something that you would have laying around your house as a decorations, however when the artists talked about the rug, they said it was a way for people to expresses their family's likes and their history. I never really read that, again Dada mean nothing but at the same time it does. The Twinkie piece artist talked about the love cream since the piece had a heart shape in the middle. Overall I felt the talks weren't as I thought they were, but it was entertaining to hear what the artist process was when they their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment