Thursday, December 18, 2014

Society of the Spectacle

Society of the Spectacle

            So after reading this article, I feel that it has a lot of interesting points and it does bring up a lot of good points when it comes art, society, and criticisms of the modern time. I felt that when it talk about how some change it becomes increasing difficult for an issue to be heard of because it is drown out but other nonsense to shut it down.  I also like the points it makes about capitalist civilizations and how it can interpret everyday life. One thing that confused me was the criticism side of modern society. I wasn't sure if they are against how people criticize the modern style of society or the fact that critiquing art that the modern standards is making it difficult for art to be recognized by its own demeter and not by the societies considers art. Everyday life was talked about here and I thought about what it said about how the concept of "everyday life" and you sometimes have to pull yourself away from everyday life to see the full picture of what is going on around you and where you live.  For me this article does bring good points up on how people are changing how they view art or how it is being influenced on how people are viewing art in the society they live in. Also with the capitalistic and other organization create a way for either people to view art or what are is being viewed to the public. Maybe I am interpreting this all wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment