Thursday, December 18, 2014

Maria Lind Response

Maria Lind

            After I read Maria Lind's "Returning on Bike: Notes on Social Practice"  it was kind of something I already knew. I studied Psychology and Sociology for almost 7 years and i am well aware about the social adaptation of people over time.  However for the art world, it can vary but could also be affected by the same thing like technology, social norms, etc.  Along with those lines I feel like this article does explain from a point of view of what the  masses that don't view social practices as a way that "follows the school of fish instead of not following the school." While I agree that everyone should be unique and how to use you social practice, I feel though maybe I am missing the point.  Throughout my reading I looked at the pictures that are in the article and least too say they were ok. I looked at them and it doesn't appeal to me. While maybe the one where I see people are taking pictures is one i would see that is talking about social practices since they are taking pictures of a social environment.  The other one I thought that worked best for the article was the one that had a bunch of people gathered around a set of stairs and just talked about who knows what. To me that is the picture that would best describe a social type place because it is one of the few places that is odd, but a common place for people to go around and just talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment