Thursday, December 18, 2014

Poor Image response

Eric Franklin
Digital Media 345 & 343
Reading Assignments Responses
Clint Sleeper


Poor Image response

            After reading the Poor Image by Hito Steyerl "In Defense of the Poor Image" I was intrigued and a bit off on what the whole message was about. Reading it over I can see what the writer was coming across now that in today's society and technology everybody has a camera at their disposal thanks to cell phones and tablets. Of course not all of the pictures are the best, but it's something to capture when the moment is right or something along with those lines.  Of course it's interesting that in the article the writer talked about how the poor image can be a form of art and how the capitalism world try to market on that or how the poor image has evolved into the masses that people can produce any form of poor image. It is like that blurry shot of some mythical creature like big foot or the loch ness monster but the picture is so blurry you can make heads or tails of what the image really is. In my past I have taken poor images but I never really saw them as works of art or bootlegs of movies or hell even video games I have come across in my past. For me poor images can be works of art, problem is that as was address in the read, with cell phones anybody can take poor image shots and videos. Where poor images will go from here only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment