Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Dada response

Dada Response

            Reading the Dada article was an interesting article and an art form I was not aware of. Dada mean nothing, there is no point to it, but at the same time it is. I found that interesting and at the same time confusing. It was odd to hear that Dada means nothing but has a huge impact on the art world and in society at that time and into today society as well. Reading more onto this was just a bit confusing and something I had a hard time comprehending the whole idea of Dada and what it means. I went to a show that exhibit Dada and was quite fascinated by it. While it shows unique art pieces and what the meaning were behind them, I felt like there was a lot of more that could be explored or some more thought processes. I feel however that I am still confused about Dada as a whole even after reading both the articles and going to the show about it. I remember going to the show I saw this piece that was a giant yellow messed up version of what I assumed was Mickey Mouse with a body full of smiles. While it was creepy, I felt it was mocking how Disney happy life motto was being mocked or maybe mocking how Mickey Mouse himself. Either way, it was a strong piece, but that face crept the hell out of me.  Dada overall is an interesting style of art and I feel now that I somewhat know about it, I'll know what people are talking about when they say "Dada."

No comments:

Post a Comment