Monday, May 11, 2015

Art Exibit 2



Eric Franklin
Art 350
Clint Sleeper
Artist Show Review


Pink Elephant Review
            I went to art exhibit at the Shepard Gallery at UNR called “Pink Elephant on Parade” The show was mostly about the weird and out of place that people would not normally see and how people would see things when in a sleep state. I thought it was an interesting take on it and to be honest I thought it was making fun of Dumbo since his shows title was based on Dumbo’s drunken scene when he was seeing the “Pink Elephants on Parade.” One work I saw was this chair made up of different layers of material mostly sand, kitty litter, and by the looks moon sand.  Most of the work I saw there were interesting and fit the out of the norm side of things my favorite piece I saw was a statue covered in this goop type substance and it looks like he is struggling to be free from it. To me I felt this was a strong piece because interoperate it as a struggle to get out of a nightmare whether it’s in a dream or dealing with life.
            Overall I thought the exhibit was an interesting take and the title match with theme of the exhibit. Even though there were no pink elephants.

No comments:

Post a Comment