Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Final Art 350- "Screen World"



Eric T Franklin
Clint Sleeper
Artist Statement
5/5/15

Screen World
                For my final project I wanted to create a piece that reflected on the current situation on how most people now a days spend more time in front of their screen and possible to do not pay attention to their surroundings. Over time I found a video that showcases a LCD video being turned into a secret monitor by removing the polarized filter. I found one at a discount store and I ordered a new polarized filter, but it was not going on the screen, it was going to be lens for a pair of glasses. I removed the filter and made a set of new lens for glasses. Next thing I wanted to do was have pictures of people doing something with their cell phones at inappropriate times. I searched the internet and took photos and photo shopped them into pictures that are a scene of distress and unethical to take a selfie.I also made a video on and made them loop over and over so people can see them. My results:
http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=sF9enH9FEF0&p=n








My whole idea behind this project was to show in today’s society that people are looking at a screen of some sort mostly cell phones or tablets. Along with this idea, I also wanted to touch on the idea that people have taken pictures (selfies) or record something at the inappropriate times like a life or death situation or when it is unethical or unmoral to do so.

I feel like I got the idea somewhat down, however I feel like the execution was not there, but the idea was there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment