Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Heidegger Project



Eric T Franklin
Digital Media 350
Clint Sleeper
March 5, 2015


Electronic Tree (Response to Heidigger)
            Reading Heidigger’s work on “the questionable technology” was an interesting and a long process to work on. As I read his work I saw couple of sentences that talked about a “tree” and how it is essentially that everyone needs a tree. I thought about on what he said about that. While yes everyone needs trees because it produces oxygen and among other functions, it is important to have in our lives. I wanted to created something related to that with technology as of now a days, mostly everyone uses some sort of technology like vehicles, cell phones, computers, etc. So I wanted to create a tree that represents that concept. My results:










The “bark & branches” make of rough electrical tape, “vines” made of UBS cords “roots” made wires, “fruit” small lights that blinks 25 times in 10 seconds to represent  the times we look at a technology screen and how long we look at them.
            I wanted to create something that was something that was a reflection on today’s society depended on technology and Heidigger talking about the tree in his paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment