Monday, May 11, 2015

Artist Talk 1



Eric Franklin
Art 350
Clint Sleeper
Artist Talk


Clint Sleeper
            I went to Clint Sleeper’s artist talk and I must say some of the works I never seen were interesting. Most of his works either deals with capitalism and space. I like how he talk about for certain project that he made benches and swings and put them at certain places like billboard or the benches at university spaces. I loved how he mentions that the university asks him to make more benches for free without paying him. That was funny but that the same time he mentions how that was not great which I can understand because unless he was being paid to do this, I would not be happy either. Another thing I like from his artist talked was that he went around and repaired certain parts of a town like benches with his own money and yet he gets no recognizes or the fact the it’s the CITY’s responsibility to repair public spots/spaces.  
Still I liked the projects he showed and I like how in-depth he went into why these projects are a reflection to public space and capitalism

No comments:

Post a Comment