Monday, May 11, 2015

Artist Exibit 1



Eric Franklin
Art 350
Clint Sleeper
Artist Show Review


Tehching Hsieh Show review
            I went to see Tehching Hsieh artist show “One Year.” After I went to his artist talk I went to see his show and I have to say I was impressed and also shock on his project. Most of Tehching project involving doing something for an entire year. His first project was him in a jail cell for a year with nothing much to do. His next one is him punching a time clock for an entire year on the hour by the hour. Then his next one was to spend a year outside without going into buildings, caves, etc. Then his next one was being tied to someone for a year, and then his last projects were to not talk or do anything related to art for 13 years. While I commend Tehching for having the patients of a saint, I could not see myself doing any of these projects. While I understand that all of his projects involving time and how people waste them like in the work force or other. To me I felt this was driving me insane and would quit within a week. But again I commend him for doing this project. I love his works when I saw the show and was impressed on how he represents what he was aiming for. Below are picture of me at the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment